Monday, August 4, 2008

fire in the hole!!!!

So it was Raegen's birthday and we were camping of course because it was a weekend. My cute nephew Kentston was playing this game he made up called "Fire in the hole". Ammused, I watched him pick up a small piece of garbage, wad it up into a little ball, say "fire in the hole", and throw it up in the air like a granade. Cute, right?...right. So his next move of course is to pick up something that could travel a little more distance. I watched him turn around and pick up this stick which was about 18 inches long and roughly the diameter of a baseball bat.
That is when it all happened. Everything started happening in slow motion. As I watched Kentston sling his arm back while simultaneously yelling ...yep you guessed it "fire in the hole", everything began to click. Immediately in my head I thought "he is going to throw that stick, and with my luck it will hit one of my very cute children...making them a little less cute". So I was just about to intervene by telling him to not throw sticks in camp when I was a split second too late. He swung back and released the stick (or small log as I like to tell it) so it came hurddling toward my face. It has been a week now and my face is back to normal. I can look back on this and laugh. ha ha ha. I'm just very very very happy I still have all of my teeth. This is the picture of me after I cleaned up all of the blood....I didn't take a picture of that (not a pretty picture).
I know I look like Elvis here but in the top pic I was really trying to smile for the camera. ha ha ha. that is freakin' funny.

5 comments:

-Rachel said...

Oh Julia, your poor face! I'm glad you're mending.
I'm new to blogging too. For me it's kind of like a scrapbook...a scrap book that friends, family and complete strangers can see. I love it though because my family can see my beautiful babies, now that I live so very very far away. :) Good luck with it!

M Occasionally B said...

Ouch! Sorry about your face.(I always wanted to say that to someone!ha ha) No really though it does look pretty painful. I hope it's healing up nicely and at least none of your teeth were harmed so I guess that's the bright side. Anyway, I'm glad you caved and made blog. Now I can see more of you because I miss you! Love ya! P.S. Did you finish "Breaking Dawn"?

M Occasionally B said...

I haven't finished it yet. I have like 100 pages of it left. I have been forcing myself to read it slowly so I can savor the last book. :) But I really like it...I will be in Utah on the 13th. Did you get the invite to the shower? It would be great to see you! I know it's a drive for you though so don't feel like you have to come.

Knessa said...

Nice. How do little boys know how to hit so stinking hard? Sorry about your poor lip. Hey, big lips are sexy right? Ouch.

Ramanda said...

I hope it is okay for me to laugh cause that was so an America's Funniest Video moment. Too bad you didn't get it on tape! So are you and Kentston still friends?!

p.s. loving the g's in the pic ha ha!